Register today for the Zero Waste Principles & Practices Certification Course. The training takes place May 20, 21 & 22, 2019. The certification exam will be held on May 23, 2019.
Click here to register.
$999 – COURSE ONLY
$200 – Certification Exam
*$899 for Keystone SWANA Members – COURSE ONLY
The course can be taken for CEUs only, but it is necessary to take the exam to receive certification.
Who Should Attend?
Entry and mid-level managers of programs and systems serving local governments and other industry professionals that work in an advisory or consulting capacity with municipal programs and staff.
Professionals who take this new Zero Waste Principles and Practices certification course will have the ability to integrate their understanding of Zero Waste with their existing waste management systems, practices and policies to move local systems toward locally defined Zero Waste goals.
Topics Will Include:
- Introduction to Zero Waste, including a survey of different definitions and perspectives
- What’s In Your Waste Stream?
- Upstream, Midstream and Downstream: understanding Zero Waste strategies as they affect each stage of product lifestyles
- Collections Options
- Processing Technology Options
- Managing Organics
- Public Venues and Challenging Materials
- Changing Behavior through Education and Outreach
- Financing and Funding
- Contracting and Partnerships
The course provides many opportunities for discussion among instructors and participants. It draws on current materials and examples from outside the published manual and engages students in several in-class exercises.